Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Good & Well Supply Co is a small business in Ballard making candles and other home and personal fragrance products. Inspired by our country’s national narks, we’re an enthusiastic and compassionate group of individuals working to bring the scents of the outdoors in.
We pride ourselves on taking care of our team through benefits that put money back into their pocket, like fully subsidized heath care and fair pay.
We're not just about the bottom line; we donate 2% of our annual revenue to organizations that protect and conserve our environment and public lands.
Want to work here? The people that thrive at Good & Well are adaptable, take pride in their work, but also don't take themselves too seriously. There's a strong DIY spirit - you may not know how to do something, but you can definitely figure it out. We want people to feel like they're working with us, not for us.
Reports to: Owner/CEO & Director of Operations
Shift: Wed to Sat; 10 AM – 6 PM, Sunday; 9 AM – 5 PM
Store Hours: Wed to Sat; 11 AM – 6 PM, Sunday; 10 AM – 5 PM
Pay: Based on experience
COVID 19: We are a fully vaccinated company. All employees must show proof of vaccination upon hire.
We’ve opened our first retail outpost in downtown Ballard and we’re looking for a seasoned retail professional to help us continue driving our mission forward. You are passionate about creating a stellar customer experience through your superior customer service & visual merchandising skills. Additionally, the retail lead will be responsible for fulfilling and shipping all online orders and any customer communication that comes with it.
- Embody & promote the mission and values of Good & Well Supply Co.
- Sales-driven with a strong focus on providing all visitors with a memorable shopping experience
- You understand the fundamentals of visual merchandising and can execute the owner's vision
- You maximize store profitability by achieving monthly sales goals while keeping store expenses down
- Manage and resolve customer feedback and concerns
- Provide ongoing updates to the leadership team regarding customer feedback, market conditions, competitive activities, and sales trends
- Daily cleanliness of the retail space & stockroom, including breaking down cardboard boxes, sweeping floors, general cleaning, and taking out trash/recycling daily
- Additional tasks as needed
Order Fulfilment Responsibilities:
- Daily order processing
- Utilize shipping platforms such as USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, and online selling platform Shopify
- Maintain a clean, organized & safe workspace
- Communicate with management if problems arise or when priorities or projects need to shift.
- Customer communication via email or phone as needed
- Additional tasks as needed
- Minimum of 3 years as a retail professional– gift & décor focused experience preferred
- Strong retail sales background, strong merchandising abilities, an entrepreneurial spirit, excellent interpersonal skills, and a love to sell
- Able to work independently and self-manage
- Proven track record of growing sales in a boutique environment
- Able to talk on the phone, send emails and follow up on a regular basis
- Passion for candles, décor, and of course, the outdoors and the environment/sustainability
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently and up to 50lbs with assistance
- Ability to use independent judgment, problem-solve, be creative and answer questions
- Comfortable adapting to change in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Capable of understanding and using Shopify & Microsoft Suites
Given the nature of our products, you will be most comfortable if you can tolerate a highly fragrant work environment. Please also note that dogs will sometimes be present in the store and in the offices above the shop.
Please send a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you're interested in the position, along with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include RETAIL LEAD in the subject line.
Good & Well Supply Co. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.